The woman murdered Ernesto Wiedenbrug and left the scene on January 26th will likely spend no time behind bars. According to a story published in the Coloradoan today, Theresa Marie O'Connor, 28, pleaded guilty to leaving the scene of a crash, a Class 3 felony, as well as careless driving, a Class 1 traffic offense dating back to the Jan. 25 incident involving a bicycle on the Interstate 25 frontage road near Colorado Highway 392. First responders found 46-year-old Ernesto Wiedenbrug suffering from serious injuries – he later died at Medical Center of the Rockies – but the vehicle that struck him had left the scene. Attorneys agreed to a sentence on both counts that did not include time behind bars within the Colorado Department of Corrections.
Read the rest of the story here: http://noconow.co/1orXwbm
The Gowdy Grinder mountain bike race has been postponed until June 1st due to snow on the course. More info: http://bit.ly/1i3eqIT
The 2014 Ride of Silence will be departing from City Park shelter #7 promptly at 7pm Wednesday May 21st. Unfortunately, we're remembering two more local cyclists this year. Please join cyclists worldwide in a silent slow-paced ride in honor of those who have been injured or killed while cycling on public roadways.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes early
- The ride will start promptly at 7 p.m.
- Helmets are required
- Lights are required
- This is a FREE event
- The route is 7.8 miles long
- The ride will take place rain, snow, or shine so please come prepared.
- Please invite others you think may be interested!
More info: http://on.fb.me/1oLEKcg
This week as we continue our series of shop owners bikes, we take a look at Archie Solsky's 2013 Trek 6 Series Project One Domane. Archie is the owner of all three Lee's Cyclery locations. As you may have guessd, Trek is their bread and butter brand. Even in a 58cm frame, Archie's ride comes in at 15.10lbs w/ pedals, cages and computer.
Frame: 2013 6 Series Trek Domane- 600 Series OCLV Carbon, E2, BB90, performance cable routing, DuoTrap compatible, Ride Tuned seatmast, IsoSpeed
Fork: Domane IsoSpeed full carbon, E2 asymmetric steerer
Headset: Cane Creek IS-2, integrated, cartridge bearings, sealed, alloy, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom
Stem: 110mm Bontrager RXL
Handlebars: 44cm Bontrager RXL
Front brake: SRAM Red
Rear brake: SRAM Red
Brake levers: SRAM Red
Front derailleur: SRAM Red
Rear derailleur: SRAM Red WiFli
Shift levers: SRAM Red 10 speed
Cassette: Sram 11x32
Crankset: Sram Red 50x34
Pedals: Chromoly Speedplay Zero
Wheelset: Mavic Sys R
Front tire: Conti Grand Prix 4000 23mm
Rear tire: Conti Grand Prix 4000 23mm
Saddle: Specialized Toupe RBX Expert
Seat post: Bontrager Ride Tuned Carbon seatmast cap, 20mm offset
The New Belgium Short Track race scheduled for Tuesday May 13th has been canceled due to snow. Here is the email from the Ciclismo Youth Foundation.
Living in Colorado has lots of surprises, like snow in the middle of May!! Due to the snow and its impact on the race course we will be canceling race #2 Tuesday, May 13.This email contains 4 very important Notes:1) Race Cancelation Policy: If you have already registered for race #2 to be held on, we will automatically transfer your registration to the following race...OR... If that doesn't work for you we will Refund your money.Please contact Dan Burnett for refund at email@example.com
2) On-line registration for all Remaining Races: We have decided to keep online registration open until the day of the race.
3) Racing more than one category: If you want to race in more than one category in future races we need you to register and pay for both races online. At on site packet pick up we will have a $5 refund for you waiting. At this time we are not able to register racers for a second category at the races.4) Ciclismo Youth Racers: Since NBST races are held in place of your practices we will be making a new plan for. Please look for another email with when and where practice will be.Note, we are going on 8 years of races and have cancelled about 2 races.... Knock on wood.... Weather is calling for rain next week also and we hope to not double (or more) our lifetime cancelations in one season. If this is the case we will communicate as soon as possible and follow the above cancelation policy.Please help us make the transition to on line registration as smooth as possible:Any and All Feedback is Appreciated.